Homer Simpson is the name of:
- A farmer who joins the Army after he loses his father’s Oklahoma land during the Dust Bowl, in James Jones’ From Here to Eternity.
- A plumber who is drafted to serve as a proctologist in the U.S. Army Air Forces, in Joseph Heller’s Catch 22.
- A minor-league baseball player with the lowest batting average of his team but the most home runs, in Bernard Malamud’s The Natural.
- A creepy bookkeeper obsessed with an aspiring starlet, in Nathaniel West’s The Day of the Locust.
- The inventor of the Smartypants Phone, in Jules Verne’s comic romp, The Voice Transmission Device That Also Transmits Imprudent Photographs Via the Infernal Network.
Follow my blog by email to be notified of future Semi-Literary Trivia Questions of the Week! (See the box to the right).